Street fox...build

I am just getting started on this build. I ordered the steel based on what was in the plans. The brake supports for the front wheels was written as 3/4 inch steel tube. Well what is in the picture is something else. Anyone know what size square tube is actually used?

I am just getting started on this build. I ordered the steel based on what was in the plans. The brake supports for the front wheels was written as 3/4 inch steel tube. Well what is in the picture is something else. Anyone know what size square tube is actually used?
Its Brakes, so I'd go with 3/4" square @ 16g or, adapt the plans (many do) to make it disc-brakes (looks a lot less clunky IMHO).

Yeah I would like to do disc brakes. I have been trying to find 20 inch front wheels with disc brakes. I am having a hard time finding them. Any suggestions?

Yeah I would like to do disc brakes. I have been trying to find 20 inch front wheels with disc brakes. I am having a hard time finding them. Any suggestions?
I bought new DMR hubs and made my own kingpins etc. from standard bike headsets and 20mm tubing with some M16 bolts through. Lots of variations.

They're like unicorns. You can find 3/8 axle ones with discs but they will bend. You need to make your own or do the bodge I did and get 14mm axled ones with a thread for a disc brake adapter and tall hub flanges. The right hand wheel will be fine but the left wheel will want to unscrew the adapter so I epoxied it in place and also drilled through the hub to bolt it. Absolutely not a proper job but it worked even under the harshest braking. I accept no liability if your epoxy isn't as good as the pound store stuff I used.

Twinkle

Super Moderator
I have used DMR Hubs , some 15mm hubs with top hat spacers and 12mm bolts as well as modified quando mtb disc hubs with 14mm bmx axles . All useable systems but all require the wheels to be built up.

Website
axerail.coffeecup.com
DIY hubs

There is always a way around the problem. The trick is to persevere until you find it. These worked well with a 5/8" bolt as an axle. Next time I wouls use a smaller diameter tube so that the disc rotor adapter bolts directly to the inner spoke flange. Makes construction easier as well.

Thanks for the responses. So the DMR hubs require build up. Yeah and the left right issue will be a problem. I will certainly figure something out because I think it would be a much better braking system. Thanks again!!!

you can make your own adapters but lots of drilling. Somewhere here I had photos of my DIY adapters.
Will locate

hope you can decipher what I did.
basically sandwich the spokes between two washers that were drilled and taped for 5mm bolts
have photo but need to post on photo website

Interesting solution. I am guessing there is some tension on the spokes. How well does it work? How many miles do you have on the brake setup. It looks like it could work well.