SirJoey... bought an UPWRONG?!!!

SirJoey

Super Moderator
NO! SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!
Unfortunately, it is! And I feel like such a traitor...

In my own defense, however, let me say that apartment life prevents me from bringing any of my beloved bents home,
so, in a DESPERATE attempt to do at least SOME small measure of riding, I have, at long last, given in & purchased
a stupid UPWRONG. At least it's not your typical wedgie road bike though. It's called a "comfort bike", & this particular
one got rave reviews on Amazon. This particular model is actually called the "Body Ease". Supposedly, even the frame
geometry is supposed to give a little gentler ride, along with the springer fork, springer seatpost, cushy seat, ergonomic
grips, fatty tires on large diameter 700C wheels, & the upright riding position (as opposed to leaning over on the bars).

While it's true that it's the most comfortable UPWRONG I've ever sat my old butt on, it's a far cry from actually being
comfortable, at least to these old bones. My disabilities prevent me from being able to ride it more than just a few miles
at a time (these shots were taken just 2 1/2 miles from home), & the farthest I've been from home on it after having it
for nearly a month, is 4 miles. Still, I can keep it in my livingroom, & get at least a little riding in on a fairly regular basis!

Hoping for the day we move out of this crummy apartment, into a place where I can bring home the last few bents I still own.
In the meantime, although it can never come CLOSE to matching the TRUE comfort level of a bent, this "comfort bike" will have to do.

"Sir BenedictArnold Joey"

Last edited:
Sometimes, one just has to do, what one has to do.

At least you have some really nice area's to ride in. I envy you that.
Also looking forward to your return to bent riding...and building.

SirJoey

Super Moderator
At least you have some really nice area's to ride in. I envy you that.
Not what you think, Ed. It's all city streets & boulevards with fast moving & dangerous traffic, no cycling infrastructure WHATSOEVER.
Actually a terrible place to ride. This bridge is located just outside of town, & even the road leading to it is treacherous! :eek:
Still, I'll ride, & be thankful for it!

Also looking forward to your return to bent riding...and building.
I do have great hope of returning to bent riding! That's why I won't give 'em up! I just keep paying storage rent on 'em,
year after year! As for building again, as nice as that would be, I have to face the unfortunate likelihood of it never happening. :(

SirJoey

Super Moderator
Thanx, bro! Yeah, I had to give it a personal touch with the Bat stickers, bags, pump, water bottle cage, lights,
& valve caps, but the cool matte-black color with no graphics is factory, so it just seemed to scream "Batman".

It's no bent, but at least it gives me something to take on short rides while I wait.... 😁

Incidentally, the bridge was a car bridge for decades. MUCH cooler now! (y)

Last edited:

graucho

Super Moderator
Sarona, Wisconsin / Apache Junction, Arizona
Sir BenedictArnold Joey... No harm done. I have a purchased road-bike, and a fat tire off-road bike. I didn't build them, and I don't care.
I haven't gone as far as wearing the spandex gear though. I do have my limits. :ROFLMAO: