How to make a hubless wheel

Very interesting. Would be a good candidate for a solid tyre rather than sticking the valve out the side as he said. I do wonder though if any rim would actually hold up in use. A regular wheel is stressed from all points of the rim at once not just the bottom. I'd like to see a finished bike with that system. I suspect it's not going to hold up and of course rim brakes only.

As you make enough points with bearings it will.
With 3 points, it is probably not good for a trike, but for a 2 wheeler, it is. Depending the rim of course.

Would be funny to have the mid with a 16inch wheen that stands still and a 20 inch rim that spins.

The "hubless" motorcycle wheels I have seen use a bearing race so the force is spread over a large enough area. A kind of demi circular linear bearing.

But except looking very cool, there is no advantage to it. It's heavier than a normal hub wheel, so no gain there. It takes more precise engineering, so it isn't cheaper at all. And it can't take dirt as well as a normal bearing with lipseal or simular. So it's maintenance heavy.

But I'm brooding on an idea.

Yes it has more disadvantages, than advantages but as you go for the looks, than you can do great things with it.