Free used 20" wheels with 14mm axles - just pay postage - UK only I am afraid.

Hi there

I have a selection of BMX style wheels with 14mm axles.

IIRC there are 3 pairs and maybe a loner , I may be able to find a eighth should there be a demand.

If there is some demand I would like to spread the love ?

The downside ? no mountings for disc brakes.
Being BMX the rims are wider or very wide and so for 20" wheels they are a little hefty
They are steel hubs adding to the heftiness ;)

So they have 3 uses ?

1. A as per plan Streetfox
  2. A Python or other FWD trike with both the brakes on the front wheel [ not recommended ]
  3. one pair [ a front and rear ] have flanges that look wide enough to allow a bolt on disc brake adaptor to be fabricated ? possible even without dismantling the wheel.
All I ask is you pay the postage up front , I use Parcel2go so you will be able to see I am not scamming on the postage to get some money.

I doubt it is worth trying to send them abroad [ sorry SirJoey ] as apart from one pair [ which are 2 fronts ] the rest had been used and so are not pristine.

If anyone is interested I will put some pictures up.

regards Paul

SJ

Purely guessing 15kg and sized at 50cm x 50cm x 30cm [ don't hold me to that :) ] would cost $75....

😭Sorry not really cheap 😭

Hi Stormbird, I have been busy of late and not been roaming onto the Zombie Site for a few months can you quote a parcel postage if the wheels are still available? I would take the loner.

The Cat

Well there's a thing !

I certainly still have the wheels however after no takers they were removed from under my feet to a less obstructive storage space.

Were you just after a single wheel ? if so did you want a rear or a front wheel ?

Probably due to weight bands it may be just as cheap to send 2 or 3.

regards Paul

Evening Paul I was thinking of one at the time of sending you my first contact but as it well be with all things for me there are other projects in the fire that I now realize that I need two rear wheels. One for the next build and one for the present build. The outside weather has stalled the main project, the one I am busy with now can be worked on indoors that of TLCing a pedal bike for train travel.
Hope you are keeping well and busy.

Cat

I will go and look for them.

Then put some pictures up here.

Paul

Ok Paul, Awaiting the Photos, the TLCing of Bicycle still taking up my time at present. Need to find some bits to finish. Next week back to my part-time work in rota of cleaning think it's for the week then off again for another time period. Can be a headache to fill the time between the client demands for the clean but at lest it's employment at this time of confusion.
All the best to you.

Hi there Stormbird, I need a front wheel with 14mm axles, that take about 2 inch wide tires. Do you know what is the cheapest shipping would be to send one complete wheel. You know rim, axle, hub. Steel or aluminum to Chilliwack BC Canada postal code v2p6n7 If you need the full address I can send that too, Thank Gerry

Hi there Stormbird, I need a front wheel with 14mm axles, that take about 2 inch wide tires. Do you know what is the cheapest shipping would be to send one complete wheel. You know rim, axle, hub. Steel or aluminum to Chilliwack BC Canada postal code v2p6n7 If you need the full address I can send that too, Thank Gerry
if you read post #3 you will see an estimate of the cost of 2 wheels to USA

if you want to try for a quote yourself I use Parcel2Go so assuming only 1 wheel ?

Say 8kg and 50cm x 50cm x 30cm it says £70 UK pounds which is approximately $121 Canadian dollars ?

I offered the wheels for free Uk only as they are described in post #1 as :-

' I doubt it is worth trying to send them abroad [ sorry SirJoey ] as apart from one pair [ which are 2 fronts ] the rest had been used and so are not pristine. '

Sorry Paul