DIY Bike and Trike Plans

AZ FaceBook AZ Instagram AZ Twitter AZ Pinterest

This is an Archive Forum - Click Here to Visit our Live Builder's Forum

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Baron Karl D Guest

Default the welders lens

Has anyone heard of The Welders Lens. It is a website that produces articles, videos, and eBooks on welding. You have to check this out at www.thewelderslens.com. I haven't seen anything quite like this.

Images

Default Re: the welders lens

BKD

.............you are a very naughty boy................:-)

Paul

Baron Karl D Guest

Sorry, Paul, Have I done something against the rules.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Karl D View Post
    Sorry, Paul, Have I done something against the rules.
    BKD

NO !!! [ well I don't think so ? ] but I did go to the web site and see why you had posted those exact words !

Though it warranted a quote from the Life of Brian and a smiley ?

Was it worth it ? I looked at some of the other content and thought it was very wordy without telling you anything at all ?

Paul

Contrarian Guest

Thumbs down Re: the welders lens

Not cooooooool....!!!

Images

Guess I am not getting the joke either, BKD thanks for the link, things like this could be very helpful to someone just starting out building their own bike(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redrkt View Post
    Guess I am not getting the joke either, BKD thanks for the link, things like this could be very helpful to someone just starting out building their own bike(s)
    Yup, I wonder if there are any alternative websites aside from this one?

JohnDevitt- I wanted to point out the age of the threads you are commenting on. Many will not get you answers as those members have left the site for various reasons. Typical after 6 months the thread is considered dead. They are great to reference and read. But if you have an idea or a question it may be better to post a new thread than to dig the old one out. This thread is 5 years old for example.
    There is a lot of content on Youtube in learning how to weld. a couple references for you are Chucke2009 , welddotcom, welding tips and tricks. You can search with basic welding.
    Brad did stick with all his builds he designed for the site. Many here use Fluxcore mig or Gas shielded Mig. There are a few of us who dug in to learn Tig. And there are a few other methods to build bikes. Like Brazing, Wood, Fiberglas. Brads plans were designed with Mild steel in mind to keep it easy to build. But depending on your desires you can build anyway you desire. You will have to modify to use anything other than mild steel and welding. But there is no limit. I have yet to see one 3D printed. But cost are coming down and I suspect we will have someone do it one day.

Hope that helps.
    What's Next?

Thank you Lucas- Just goes to show I have yet to see every method there is to build a bicycle. That was some interesting sites with videos.
    What's Next?