DIY Bike and Trike Plans

AZ FaceBook AZ Instagram AZ Twitter AZ Pinterest

This is an Archive Forum - Click Here to Visit our Live Builder's Forum

Default online rake / trail calculator & customizing planner

I made this tool for motorcycles, but it is easily flexible enough to work for bicycles and even wheelchairs, trikes, etc. It allows you to enter known dimensions (rake, fork offset, wheelbase, tire diameters; trail is calculated) and planned changes to any of those figures (plus some others, like stretching the frame). It renders a schematic representation of the two on top of each other and provides numeric output of the new rake, trail, wheelbase, and some other numbers useful for building a frame jig or estimating handling effects. As a bonus, the data inputs are encoded in the url, so you can save / share designs just be saving / sharing the link. The code executes 100% client side; the url change is to the hash, with no new request / data exchange.

https://sebwiers.github.io/motorcycle-front-end/

Default Re: online rake / trail calculator & customizing planner

Whoa. Lots of numbers. Thanks for sharing that! It'll no doubt prove to be useful for us.
    K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without

In theory I could have bundled the axle & tree offset into one number - most such programs do. Al the rest that you enter are hard to avoid.

There's more output numbers than strictly needed for accurate construction; some of them are more useful to people doing motorcycles than they would likely be for a bicycle.

Wow, It's really great and Awesome. I become speechless. The special thing is customization.