PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Trike Frame Dimensions

Dmet101
01-18-2016, 05:47 PM
Can anyone please contact me with all of the frame dimensions for each section of the frame for a Warrior Racing Trike? I'm wanting to try and build one using bamboo instead of steel square tubing. Any and help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Dan

Twinkle
01-18-2016, 06:19 PM
Hi Dan

Building a trike from bamboo will need a completely different approach from a steel framed warrior .
There are several bamboo and wood framed trikes on the forum but no build details .
The A-Z six pack is still the cheapest way to get the plans on the forum but personally I don't think the plan will lend itself to wood .

I had a chat with the bamboo bike frame company in London and after a few exchanges of emails , I was put off from building with epoxy and wood .

regards emma

darnthedog
01-18-2016, 07:51 PM
Welcome to the forum Dan- I would agree with Emma on the Bamboo. Your welcome to try of course. But the forum is powered by the money made by the plans. OTherwise none of us would be here. So if you really want dimensions I would suggest getting a set of plans. Part of the issue of course is the plans show you how to do things. But dimensions will be us to each builder as they are custom built to the rider.

I'm in Gilbert area where are your building in Arizona?

Dmet101
01-21-2016, 02:21 PM
Welcome to the forum Dan- I would agree with Emma on the Bamboo. Your welcome to try of course. But the forum is powered by the money made by the plans. OTherwise none of us would be here. So if you really want dimensions I would suggest getting a set of plans. Part of the issue of course is the plans show you how to do things. But dimensions will be us to each builder as they are custom built to the rider.

I'm in Gilbert area where are your building in Arizona?
Thanks for your reply and I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to reply back. I bought a set of Warrior plans and I found someone who may be able to help me out. He needs dimensions of all the frame sections needed to build a Warrior with the steel tubing in order to see if he can set up a bamboo frame jig to see if can make bamboo work for a trike. His company sells bamboo bike kits for diy builders. So if I can tell him what the dimensions are for each frame section he may be able to help. The bamboo he uses is harvested especially for bikes. I found someone who built a bamboo trike based on the plans for a Warrior Trike that he purchased from this site on Instructables (a diy site). If you're curious check out How to build a bamboo trike on here. I'm in the Casa Grande area

Twinkle
01-21-2016, 02:31 PM
Hi Dan

I am NOT trying to be a KILLJOY or put a downer on the project but from the conversation I had with the guys at the bamboo workshop in London ( UK ) the standard layout was not going to be strong enough or "nice to look at " good luck with your project . I like it when tpeople that they say it cannot be done nicely are proved wrong - the problem is no 2 warriors are the same - the plans are a concept rather than a blueprint there are 2 trikes/builders relatively near to you and they are your best chance to see for yourself how things fit together - Can't help you much more as I am a few thousand miles away .

regards emma

Dmet101
01-22-2016, 08:32 AM
Hi Dan

I am NOT trying to be a KILLJOY or put a downer on the project but from the conversation I had with the guys at the bamboo workshop in London ( UK ) the standard layout was not going to be strong enough or "nice to look at " good luck with your project . I like it when tpeople that they say it cannot be done nicely are proved wrong - the problem is no 2 warriors are the same - the plans are a concept rather than a blueprint there are 2 trikes/builders relatively near to you and they are your best chance to see for yourself how things fit together - Can't help you much more as I am a few thousand miles away .

regards emma

Thanks Emma.

I'm going to keep researching online. If building a bamboo trike isn't feasible, then I will build one using some other materials

Twinkle
01-22-2016, 12:10 PM
Thanks Emma.

I'm going to keep researching online. If building a bamboo trike isn't feasible, then I will build one using some other materials

Great glad to here it here was an earlier post for a bamboo tadpole also take a look at the N55 bolt together trike

http://forum.atomiczombie.com/showthread.php/6128-Bamboo-tadpole-trike?highlight=bamboo+trike

have a good weekend

regards emma

Dmet101
01-23-2016, 12:12 PM
Great glad to here it here was an earlier post for a bamboo tadpole also take a look at the N55 bolt together trike

http://forum.atomiczombie.com/showthread.php/6128-Bamboo-tadpole-trike?highlight=bamboo+trike

have a good weekend

regards emma

Emma,

I saw this on a site called Instructables (it's a diy builders site) and that's why I want to build one out of bamboo. I tried to contact this person through the comments section to get the frame dimensions that he used but he never replied back. Probably because he did this almost 5 years ago. I'll try contacting him here since he bought a set of Warrior plans for his build.

Thanks

Dan

darnthedog
01-23-2016, 05:02 PM
Well I am not sure how much it will run- but Kent built a full scale model with PVC first to get all the angles just right. Edpedalcar did the same for his Inferno trike. So you may want to take the plans and build a full scale Trike in same manner. These are custom built to the rider. So by using PVC first you ensure it will fit you.

lotharko
01-24-2016, 04:59 AM
Enlarge about factor 5 the geometrical moment of inertia of all wooden profiles oposite steel proifles and you will have your dimensions for wood.
Not always very practible. In my opinion makes a new design more sence.