PDA

View Full Version : Finally found

lotharko
07-02-2014, 07:20 AM
Hello

Is here still a seat taken for a homebuilder from northwestern Germany?

greetings*
Lothar

HHJJ
07-02-2014, 09:20 AM
Welcome Lothar.

There's some lovely innovative work there.

darnthedog
07-02-2014, 09:54 AM
Hello Lothar
Always room for one more. Welcome to the fun.
Please feel free to takes us on your bike building journey by posting photos. They can help us see any issues better than words if you have an issue and let us enjoy the project with you.

So what to you have in mind to build? If your not dead set I'd recommend the 6 pack of plans to start with. That way if you have a particular need you can use a combination to make your creation your own.
If you need any help feel free to ask. There are lots of folks to chime in with ideas and opinions. Ultimately it is your build so build it the way you want.

But do have fun along the way.

Twinkle
07-02-2014, 11:01 AM
Hello

Is here still a seat taken for a homebuilder from northwestern Germany?

greetings*
Lothar

Hi
and welcome from the UK come in ,sit down and JOIN IN , fresh blood always welcome , interesting projects in your gallery .

regards emma

lotharko
07-02-2014, 12:26 PM
So what to you have in mind to build? If your not dead set I'd recommend the 6 pack of plans to start with. That way if you have a particular need you can use a combination to make your creation your own.

Thanks for the offer but i need no plans, because i have my own concept: plywood building. I hope, i can start my new project (update Plywoodtrike Vers 2 (https://picasaweb.google.com/117094785210958130876/PlywoodtrikeVers2)to Plywoodtrike Vers 3) in October or November.

fresh blood always welcome
fresh blood form an older man? ....difficult :)

greetings Lothar

Twinkle
07-02-2014, 01:19 PM
fresh blood form an older man? ....difficult :)

greetings Lothar

Hi Lothar

This is where the Engish language gets "lost in translation " fresh blood or new blood is having someone new around which in turn means new ideas

Most of us here have seen the years come and go more times than we want to remember but everyone has a common interest which is of course the main thing to "keeping young "

regards emma

lotharko
07-02-2014, 01:44 PM
I had already understood the meaning. i only tried a small joke.

Twinkle
07-02-2014, 02:25 PM
Hi Lothar

I like the concept of a plywood tadpole , it would make the basis of a velomobile much simpler as the side rails are in place ,
Lots of questions -
how did you form the front curve ?
have you any more photos of it in larger size,
have you thought of enclosing the " cockpit " area ,
and do you find building in ply heavier than metal ?

regards emma

lotharko
07-02-2014, 03:15 PM
how did you form the front curve ?

Very easy: upper- and lower chard are cutted from a 9mm plywood panel, the sides are made of 1mm airplane-plywood, which is very easy to bend. Only the glueing in the curve is a little tricky.

have you any more photos of it in larger size,

Not Online.

have you thought of enclosing the " cockpit " area ,

What do you mean? A complete fairing? Perhaps. I've startet a project for a plywood velomobile, but until now not successfull completed.

and do you find building in ply heavier than metal ?

It's easier, really. But you must not make the mistake to think in "steel". Wood or plywood need other forms and other beam sections.

darnthedog
07-02-2014, 03:16 PM
Lothar
I missed your signature link- You have some great builds under your belt. Building with wood- that is some patience or work. I bet you get lots of stops of people asking you where you bought that. It is beautiful work. The plans suggestion was only that. I look forward to your future creations. As to age. There are plenty of retired folks and well past retirement as well. We are all here for the fun of creation. Again welcome to the group.