PDA

View Full Version : StreetFighter VS Chevy S10

AtomicZombie
07-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Yes, you read that correctly. On Saturday july 12, if weather permits, the greatest battle between 4 wheelers will go down. Can a 60 pound human powered cycle car tow a 4500 pound truck?!?

I think it can, and will prove it on video. The goal will be to pull a Chevy S10 a distance of more than 100 feet using only the StreetFighter Quadcycle. There will be no hills, no engines, and no help - just a rope between the vehicles.

Lay down your bets! Mine is on the StreetFighter.

Brad

trikeman
07-11-2008, 12:43 PM
OK - who is holding the money? and what happened to the hill? I look forward to seeing the video. It will make a great YouTube stealth advert for AtomicZombie bicycle plans.

ROFL

TheKid
07-11-2008, 12:49 PM
We Want The Hill! We Want The Hill!

jimFPU
07-11-2008, 12:51 PM
OK, so if this proves it can be done, I'd like to see the speed trial test as the plans say:'I want to have fun, go fast...' and 'The StreetFighter is a racing quad, not a granny bike or a pedal car, so you won’t look like you are on the way to an antique car parade!'

Let's see the SPEED too!!:D

Sparky
07-11-2008, 06:30 PM
as excited as i am to see this, i actually meant that I was going to try it.

dont know what a normal jeep wrangler weighs, but mines got a couple hundred extra pounds of bumpers and skid plates. but im betting i can do it.

the weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow. if all goes well, and i can find a cameraman, im gonna give it a shot.

how are we going to hook a tow strap/ chain to the quad?

AtomicZombie
07-11-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm thinking about a rope around the T frame at the rear. If I lose traction, I will have a helper stand on the back of the frame, adding to the weight I have to tow!

Brad

jimFPU
08-25-2008, 03:17 PM
What is the update on this little challenge Brad? Healed up yet?

AtomicZombie
08-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Totally healed and fit as ever. Been walking 2 hours per day and working out.

Time however, is not on my side this year. Had to cut into the floor due to bad plumbing and am now displaced from my office. Once renos are done, I will be busy writing the DeltaRunner plan, editing the missing videos and then making the new Mercury Lowracer.

Not sure if any slacker time will be heading my way anytime soon this year.

Brad

Bunk
08-26-2008, 11:53 AM
Mercury low racer? Interesting....can you give us any clues on what it will look like compared to the Marauder low racer?

Kyle

AtomicZombie
08-26-2008, 12:12 PM
http://forum.atomiczombie.com/showthread.php?t=1117&page=2

Brad

Mercury low racer? Interesting....can you give us any clues on what it will look like compared to the Marauder low racer?

Kyle