PDA

View Full Version : Completed Spincycle Build

Chopper King
02-02-2013, 05:32 AM

Here are a few pics of my recently completed spincycle, took me around 5 days to fully complete! it is made of just scrap form in the shed and around the farm, all up the project only cost me $15

The only troubles i had was the chain, it kept falling off because it was 1 link too long, and i could only shorten it by 2 links or else the rollers wouldn't match up. There was also no way to tighten it because it is all welded secure, so finally i decided to get a whole new chain and use a derailleur i had handy, my only trouble now is no brakes ! but doing a quick spin soon slows me down quicker anyway

The other trouble i had was bending the pipe that connects the forks to the pedal housing because i don't have a pipe bender... this problem was easily solved, just put the pipe in the forks of a tree and pushed it until i had it looking nice

Hope you all like it :)

The Cat
02-02-2013, 05:50 AM
Nice Spincycle. Having a tree on the farm can come in handy. An organic pipe bender who'd have thunk it. Have an enjoyable spin there in Australia but mind the toads. Ta Ta from England.

darnthedog
02-02-2013, 09:35 AM
Very cool and Brakes are for Wimps anyway and people that really want to stop:)
Besides who would wants to stop when they are having so much fun riding it.
Love the colors as well. Have fun.

Radical Brad
02-02-2013, 11:23 AM
Nice one!
Yeah, I have used a tree for bending as well, it works great. Parking a car over the tubing to bend it up from under the rear wheel sometimes works in a pinch.

Brad

SirJoey
02-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Nice work, especially on the der mod!

I've built 2, & both took over 60 hours each, but
I'm not exactly the fastest gun in the west, either.

These things R a lotta fun! :)

**** The Truth Is Out There! ****
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/7131/sirjoeysigmedij1.gif
(Geezer & Bent Enthusiast At Large)

Chopper King
02-07-2013, 07:12 AM
I'm not sure if you can see from these photos but on the end, just beside the caster wheels there is a whole on each end, inside those holes is a nut welded on the inside and I have made up some bolts that go through some old go kart wheels I have, so all I have to do is screw them into the end of the frame and I now have a tricycle I can ride anywhere, it gets me to town pretty quickly :)