PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic welding support

Intrepid
08-03-2012, 08:24 PM
I gave my daughter a lift over to Super Cheap Auto yesterday because she needed to buy some tools to repair her car and while she was finding what she needed I went exploring around the store.
Somehow I ended up over at the welding supplies section and to my great joy I discovered they had magnetic welding supports for a surprisingly cheap price. I purchased the 4 piece kit for $NZ13.99 which contains 4 right angle triangle pieces that are about 2 inches long on each side. According to the packet each magnet can hold 4.5 kilos which sounded very useful to me. They had larger sized support magnets as well, but I thought the kit I bought looked to be the most useful for me.

I wish there had been things like this around when I first started fabricating my own vehicle parts almost 30 years ago now. Maybe some of the things I welded back then might have been a lot more square and straight looking :rolleyes4:

river
08-04-2012, 09:52 AM
I have those to, picked them up a a auto swap meet. There really handy and make lining things up a piece of cake Tools you can never have to many. I love making my own allot of people on here do that Making jigs is also very rewarding and is worth the time and energy and will make your project come out even better. That's one reason i built two warriors the second one was easier