PDA

View Full Version : Yo! From New Jersey!

richl
05-12-2012, 04:53 PM
Saying hey, this looks like a cool forum, been just browsing around for the last couple of weeks to see how I like the forums... and I do, so I registered just now. I am an older fellow, though that seems to be normal around here :) I have many interests, many of the skills required to build custom bikes I developed many years ago, but over the last 20 years or so, I have not been doing much with all of the custom metal working skills I developed. I ran into this site quite by accident, I was searching for some information on building robots, and in one of the books was this address. It seemed like an odd connection at the time :) but it does feel far more normal now hehehe.

I am gearing up to give some custom bike building a go, I have been brushing up on my welding skills over the last week, looking for spare parts and bikes to hack apart and just getting as much information from this site and others I have seen mentioned on this forum.

A sincere thank you to the administrators for maintaining this place and a nice Jersey hello to everyone out there!

Rich

KoolKat
05-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Hello Rich and welcome to the AZ family.

Radical Brad
05-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Welcome, and thanks for comin' on in here!
I moved the bots to...

http://www.lucidscience.com

Still do some electronics work, but mainly in the winter deep freeze. A new autonomous all terrain robot is in the works using a narrowed jeep front diff, but I probably won't work on it until fall.

Cheers.
Brad

river
05-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Wow i just checked your LucidScience Site out .,. Very cool site, love it

richl
05-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Welcome, and thanks for comin' on in here!
I moved the bots to...

http://www.lucidscience.com

Still do some electronics work, but mainly in the winter deep freeze. A new autonomous all terrain robot is in the works using a narrowed jeep front diff, but I probably won't work on it until fall.

Cheers.
Brad

Cool, I just thought maybe you closed it down due to lack of interest. My bot is your basic lawnmower bot, I am working on the autonomous part. I'll keep an eye out for your site, it should be interesting. Also, the narrowed jeep front diff sounds interesting.

Rich