PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Lakes Region of New Hampshire

rocketman63
04-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Hi all,

I'm actually a "re-join" from '07. I used to be called Stratoman, but could not figure out how to start my account up again. So I rejoined with another rocket-oriented username.

One of my hobbies was running a bicycle charity in my hometown, but it turns out most of the kids only want new, trendy bikes... not necessarily excellent-running used ones. Most of the bikes wound up being donated to refugees in Manchester, NH and the parts "treasure trove" went to an enterprising 10-year-old and his helpful dad in Pittsfield, NH.

The bug has been gradually working its way back into my system. I live in a place with extremely hilly terrain and dirt roads, so my old Mongoose MTB is no longer practical. I plan to build a Spincycle-based mountain trike, tadpole, or quad to cope with the terrain.

I do still have some various small bits, and as my "new" town (moved here in '08) has a swapshop at the transfer station, I can always be on the lookout for specific needs. If anyone needs something, they can feel free to let me know.

My old forum pal Sirjoey still has some posts up, and I hope he's stayed here. There were several other guys I'd also like to see/hear from.

Happy building to everyone.

-RM63-

KoolKat
04-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Hello and welcome back to the AZ family!

rocketman63
04-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Thanks! You know, I still have my copy of Bike Builders' Bonanza; it's the thing that got me started in the first place!

river
04-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Welcome back. I started here last Nov, love this site. Are you up around lacoia

rocketman63
04-01-2012, 08:39 PM
Yes, we live within 10 miles of Laconia.

I love this site, too. I missed all you mad inventors when I was away.

Odd Man Out
04-01-2012, 11:06 PM
RM63
Welcome back! Dunno if you remember me -- I think my name was "**** ***" when you were last around in 97. Sir Joey is still around but is hit or miss lately -- hopefully things will work themselves out and he will show back up. No matter, this place is till the same -- many great people doing amazing work and all willing to share. It's a little touch o' heaven in an otherwise dog eat dog, back stabbing, troll inhabited internet forum world.

HPVTraveler
04-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Rocketman63 welcome back. It is always good to get reaquainted with old friends that I have never met.

ODO, luv your take on the internet, makes it sound even more fun than a dungeon crawl on some roll playing games. LOL.

SirJoey
04-02-2012, 01:07 PM
My old forum pal Sirjoey still has some posts up, and I hope he's stayed here. There were several other guys I'd also like to see/hear from.

Welcome back, RM! Yeah, I'm still here, but my participation over the last several months has been spotty at best, due to horrific nightmarish situations taking place here on the homefront.

It's so bad, I've actually been trying to sell the place & move, but since I got taken to court last week, & the judge ruled in my favor (more or less), it looks like the "undesirable element" who've been living in my back yard for 7 years, rent-free, rule-free, & responsibility-free, are finally gonna have to move in one more month.

It's been an ongoing battle with them for the past 6 months, getting constantly worse. Anyway, if I can remain vigilante for another month, never leaving the house for a minute, constantly keeping my eye on 'em, & can manage to keep them from burning my house down or worse on their way out, then things should improve drastically. After that, I may not even sell the place after all.

The past 6 months have truly been a nightmare! Whew! :rolleyes:

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/7131/sirjoeysigmedij1.gif
(Geezer & Bent Enthusiast At Large)

TexasTuff
04-02-2012, 01:28 PM
I really hope it gets better for you SJ, we all miss you here.

rocketman63
04-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Joey,
I understand how bad the situation can be. I've had several friends and coworkers who've had trouble with toxic renters, including two who had to rid themselves of some outright squatters. My former boss Vern actually had to plead with the PD to be onhand on "leaving day" to ensure they didn't destroy his place. While they couldn't officially preside, a cruiser just happened to be onhand during the entire move. The chiselers were very disgruntled, but Vern got his house back. You may be able to work something out with your sheriff or PD.

You'll be in my thoughts and hope to see more of you and your creations after things have settled.

Your friend, -Dave-

KoolKat
04-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Thanks! You know, I still have my copy of Bike Builders' Bonanza; it's the thing that got me started in the first place!

2003 seems so long ago!

SirJoey
04-04-2012, 08:21 AM
Rocketman, the kicker is, they've been squatting on my property
for SEVEN YEARS, & I've never asked ANYTHING in return. NOTHING!

Oh well, live & learn, as they say. :rolleyes:

**** The Truth Is Out There! ****
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/7131/sirjoeysigmedij1.gif
(Geezer & Bent Enthusiast At Large)

ken will
04-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Time for a no-trespassing sign