PDA

View Full Version : Rear fork? jig

David_s
11-02-2011, 01:00 AM
Here is a simple jig that I made for the rear forks of the Tomahawk. (Are we calling those forks?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-PY2BhGwghdw/TrDNHEuintI/AAAAAAAAAak/vbb14N6jTUQ/s720/SANY0037.JPG

I will be redoing this jig sometime soon in metal and most likely making it to where it fits 27" rims instead of 26". It shouldn't be that had to put the block on a slide so that it would fit all 3 of the common wheel sizes.

I built this because I was having problems with the tack and bend method mentioned in the instructions. Think the jig took at max 10 minutes to build.

Radical Brad
11-02-2011, 08:37 AM
Good idea, thanks.

Brad

trikeman
11-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Nice idea. The only one I had trouble with was once I welded on the front tubes, I had some misalignment and had to cut a slice out and bend it straight. I don't think I will try to build a whole frame again by eye (I know Brad does it, but he is a master. I found this very simple type of alignment jig useful. I stole this picture of a very simple jig that works well with two wheelers off an Atom Bikes BROL post. You obviously have to adjust the 2x4 axle blocks to the right height if you don't have equal size wheels. When you get to that stage its worth considering.

jawnn
07-28-2012, 03:00 PM
I made A jig out of a 2x4 not so good idea... can't make it square.