PDA

View Full Version : I gave up.

Patrike
05-30-2008, 05:02 PM
I could not see my self getting the Kyoto ready for the sunday event , so I stop working on it and I am tuning up my Patrike1 tadpole. Adding a rear bag rack ad tightening up the steering.

The big K will have to wait for a little bit. I did pick up the foam and vinyl for the seat but I gave wrong dimensions for them to cut the foam -- I know!!! measure twice and cut once. a Also got some better rod ends for the steering.

I went friday to an funiture reconvering place and the cheapest he had was some black that he tried to sell to me for 35 a meter -- I talked him down to 20$ a meter but I still did not buy. He gave me the "you can not find this material quality for less" line. I thanked him for his time and went that evening to a popular fabric store and got what looks like the same stuff for 9.98 a meter - thank you very much!

I will pick up some more foam next week and get back to work - middle June is now new dead line. Now I have more time to set up the power assist.

Later
Patrick

Patrike
06-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Went all week without doing a single thing on build -- late days at work -- and no longer pressured to meet a deadline so I did not do any late night work.
I have been doing a little research on motor controllers for the motor I have that I will put on Kyoto. I have a Scott 1hp PM motor (I thought was brushless but apperantly not) and I wanted to see if I could use one of those RC electronic speed controllers for it. Still not sure, there may be an issue with number of turns.

Probably won't get much done this weekend -- the real world catching up to me. Shed to paint, some work at the inlaws....

Later
patrick

AtomicZombie
06-06-2008, 06:47 PM
I also use the scott motor. It will need a controller of no less than 275 amps if you want it to last. The motor will run fine from 24 to 36 volts, and move a large cycle at city traffic speeds.

Brad

Patrike
06-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Yep -- just purchased on ebay a Curtis 1204 series 36/48v rated for 2min@275 (2min@275) amp, 5min@200amp (5min@200amp) and 1hr@125amp (1hr@125amp). This should last a while.

For 85$ and 25$ shipping -- I thought was pretty good deal based on the spec's. I have down loaded the manual and looks pretty easy to set up. I will have to get a couple other things for it. I have an old scooter twist throttle I will test to see if it matches - if not I have a 5k pot somewhere in a throttle I made up for a controller I made in college.

Now all I have to do it get that beast of a trike finished. The real world is clashing with my build now.

Later
Patrick