PDA

View Full Version : Reflectors and other stuff

Rexer
04-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Instead of mounting reflectors, I was thinking of reflective tape. Specificially the tape that is used on semi-trailers. As far as I can tell, there is nothing set in stone as to the type of reflectors I need.

As per Montana code: "(4) Reflectors required by this section shall be of a type approved by the department."
I would think that the tape approved for highway use would be fine.

And then there is this little gem: "(5) Every bicycle shall be equipped with a brake which will enable the operator to make the braked wheels skid on dry, level, clean pavement."
If I am off the bike, no problem.(Bike being trike, Kyoto to be exact). With me on it, getting close. Me and my wife, don't think that will ever happen. Unless I augment the disk's with rim brakes.

Other stuff:
Ten years ago I checked my self into the hospital with chicken pox and the only phone number I could remember was a friends. 10 days later I wake up in a different hospital in a different city. It took my friend 2 days of searching my stuff to find a good phone number for my family, who all lived 2600 miles away.

Lesson learned: Keep phone numbers up to date and a list in and on all everything you can think of. I have a list in my truck, car, in my wallet, in the tail pieces of my motorcycles, in the underseat tool kit on my MTN bike, my backpacks, my camel backs and my lunch box. Along with phone numbers, it also states my allergies, my medications and doses, and my current state of health, along with my doctors names and numbers. Might seem a little extreme, but I have been at deaths door too many times. I really don't want to cross the threshold anytime soon.

Duct tape wrapped around a golf pencil. Saved me a 7 mile push back to the trailhead after a piece of obsidian sliced through my front tire and tube. Tubes of rubber cement always seem to dry out on me and the self adhering patches never seem to self stick after rattling aroung in the tool kit.

schu777
04-03-2011, 07:27 PM
As for the phone number - check our RoadID - I use it while I ride the bike.