PDA

View Full Version : Greeting from Whitby On.!!

Redz
03-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Well I have finnaly came to post and introduce myself. 2 months ago after researching recumbent bikes ( can no longer ride uncomfortable uprights due to sustained injuries) I tummbled here, and been hooked. I have always had a dream of owning a bent and or chopper and with your help it will come a reality. I myself am a woodworking guy been all my life so this is all new and hard to grasp ie metal fab, welding kinda still scares me

You guys also show that you do not need millions of awsome tools and a crazy shop, being on disability and seeing it can be done without it all or tons of money is awsome.

With no garage and the nice weather comming i can finnaly stop being a forum troll and put the 4-5 donors i have to use and make something.

This forum is great filled with all your guys post,ideas,pics. The fact that Brad and Katy have shared there ideas and plans is amazing. :rockon:

-Steve

P.s for those who what to know Whitby is about 30 mins east of Toronto:scooter:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitby,_Ontario

imamedik
03-19-2011, 09:05 PM
Steve welcome to the AZ family, I too am a woodworker who had the desire to learn to weld and own a recumbent due to back problems. I started my first bike in Oct 2009 and am now almost finished with my fifth (its addictive :jester:). Learning to weld really isn't that hard as long as you practice.

Odd Man Out
03-19-2011, 09:44 PM
I myself am a woodworking guy been all my life so this is all new and hard to grasp ie metal fab, welding kinda still scares me

Welcome to the madness Steve, we are here to help and learn, Don't know why you'd be scared of welding when you routinely play around a 10 inch blade spinning at 4800-5700 rpm...

KoolKat
03-19-2011, 10:01 PM
Welcome to the AZ bike building family from your Northern Ontario neighbours!

Redz
03-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Hi, Ty for the welcome.

Anything of the Unknown is " scary ". I actually just played around with the welder(HF 90 amp flux core) and it is not to bad except for the shaky hands, it really shows in welds. but by the 6th weld on 3.5x3.5 1/8 steel shims i got from work i stared to see the bead and with stood the vise, but much more practice needed!!

HF 90 amp flux core,

Fun times to come!!!!

burnt finger
03-27-2011, 11:05 AM
Hello! I, too, am from Whitby and just joined a little while ago. Perhaps we'll see each other riding around now and then!

Redz
03-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Hi there and welcome :) Im located near dundas and Garden, and im always biking around. havent started anythign yet, still a tad to cold for me outside.

Nice to see someone else so local on here you nvr know.

Redz
04-28-2011, 03:35 PM
SOOOOO..... didn' know where to put this, so here it is hope you guys see it ..

I dont wanna be here looking like I just wanna build a bike without plans nor a free loader lol

I really love this site and i have learned a ton ton of stuff. I really apreciate it and wish i found it yrs ago. I have always wanted to build "my own" bike and now with my new info and your guys support ideas and skill/knowledge i can.

In the past 2-3 months seeing what you guys build from your sheds/backyards you have Inspired me a ton and enuff to start my own ////soooon.. but untill my job( neighbours renos/basment ) I am doing is done, I have nooooo time. 10-12 hr days =no time, no fun.

Welll my fishing bike was a floop, well its just to much frame work to repair i am curently waiting on my Schwiiiin to arive in the mail... So untill then I must wait and build the theme for it.

So far i want to make it into a lowrider, Zombie style.. I want it to have a M.I.A P.O.W feel and the every iconic Iron cross encoperated into it.

Iron cross: The Iron Cross was awarded for bravery in battle as well as other military contributions in a battlefield environment.

without the people that served the country we would not be here. many of my family were also in the war and a few received it .

I have started with a few pieces and have pics. I will post when I get a new cable .

Once again TY guys for your insperation, and for Brad and Kat for starting this comunity..

Tyvm
-Steve

Sorry for my bad grammer... lawl

Odd Man Out
04-28-2011, 04:51 PM
Iron cross: The Iron Cross was awarded for bravery in battle as well as other military contributions in a battlefield environment.
-Steve

I have nothing against the "eiserne kreuz" and think that the Iron Cross with the Oakleaves, Swords and Diamonds was a particularly beautiful medal, it was the medal of our principal enemies in both world wars....

How bout incorporating the purple heart or the CMOH if you want to celebrate OUR vets and soldiers.

Looking forward to your build!

Redz
05-07-2011, 02:40 PM
I understand your point... and fully agree with it..I have always liked the iron cross that only reason why. I have asked my Oma (dutch) to see my Ganpas medals and others she has. maybe i will do one for him since all my moms side was in the war at that time.