PDA

View Full Version : Off road bersion of the silent speedster??

sjjwright
01-22-2011, 01:17 AM
Hi all!

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts about creating an off-road version of the silent speedster?

I'm thinking about using Brad's plans, but perhaps going with suspension at least on the rear.

Issues I've though about were how the batteries would last with some larger hills, and the weight of the motor and batteries. (if they are not heavy at all, let me know. I've never touched an electric bike before!)

Do any of you guys have any thought, considerations or tips before I dive in head first into the project?? Particularly the suitability of the speedster as a vehicle for this type of project.

Cheers

Sam.

sjjwright
01-22-2011, 02:02 AM
Oh, I was also thinking about ditching the seat and making it a stand-up. If that would be practical that is....

Odd Man Out
01-22-2011, 03:12 AM
Off road and Stand Up???
This should be interesting...

Radical Brad
01-22-2011, 02:43 PM
What is interesting is that the original concept of the SS was a stand up scooter, having pegs on the sides with no seat. I agree that suspension is absolutely needed on both wheel for offroad use. I took the SS down a very rough road, and it was one brutal ride!

If you can find a steel suspension mountain bike, that will work for parts, but keep the hubmotor at the rear.

Brad