PDA

View Full Version : Pert Near

Coach
10-22-2010, 03:15 AM
Nearly finished with the cruiser I started this summer. Started and stopped several times throughout for various reasons (parts, frustration, heat, ect.).This was a little tougher than the other 2 trikes I have built because of the double stuff I guess. Had every intention of taking lots of pictures but got caught up in work and the building and just plain forgot. I did start out taking a few pictures though so I will post them and hopefully wrap up the build and post the finished trike pictures in a day or 2. Thanks to everyone here for the info and ideas.

Coach
10-22-2010, 12:49 PM
I drilled the flanges outside under a big hackberry tree in my front yard. It was 110 in my shop at the time. Didn't take that long after I got started.

Coach
10-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Finding a few more pictures I forgot about. Here the flanges are drilled and one set welded on an axle. More to come.

Coach
10-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Already posted this picture of broken rim. Laced the first one and was lacing the other when it rolled out of my lap onto concrete shop floor. It broke at the seam. These were extremely old rims so it breaking was probably a blessing because it would have broken latter on causing more trouble.

Coach
10-22-2010, 06:08 PM
Began making disc adapters. First I sprayed light coat of white spray paint so i can see pencil markings. Next trace, punch, cross connect with marked line and punch middle where they cross for axle. The second picture shows what can happen if you don't use enough oil= broken tap. If that happens might as well forget it cause nearly impossible to get out, just do another.

SirJoey
10-22-2010, 07:04 PM
Nice work, Coach! Comin' along nicely! :)

***** The **** Is My Shepherd! *****
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/49/signaturehalloween.jpg
-(Geezer & Bent Enthusiast At Large)-

Coach
10-22-2010, 07:27 PM
Thanks SirJoey. Your KC is a big inspiration to me (as is all your builds) so, as you will see the resemblance when I post the final pic . Thats a compliment to you.
The freewheel adapters are made "Thekid" style out of bottom bracket cups and a 3/4 hub. Only have a few more pics left.

Coach
10-22-2010, 10:47 PM
I made a trail jig like the one someone else on here suggested. Don't remember who it was but it's a good idea. Made mine out of an old exercise adjustment tube cut in half.

Coach
11-01-2010, 12:10 AM
Note to Self: Never tell yourself or especially anyone else that you will be finished with one of these projects at a specific time.Thats a sure jinx for me. Here are a couple of pre-finished pics that I can add. I only weld with an arc welder and use 6011 rods only. I always make 2 passes, the 1st for weld penetration so I turn up the heat and the 2nd pass for 'just in case'. 6013 rods will actually make a purtier weld but I'm gonna go grinder crazy later on anyway. I learned to arc weld about 40 years ago but don't claim to be an expert by any means. The second pic is of my rolling table I made so I can spin my project around and work on it (or crank it upward to my roof when its lightning). Been alot of Frankenstein movies on lately. Finished pics coming soon (Maybe)

SirJoey
11-01-2010, 08:11 AM
Lookin' good, Coach! The KC is an awesome ride. I LOVE mine,
but I never ride it. It's just not that much fun riding it solo. :(

********** The **** Is My Shepherd! **********
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/77/signaturethanksgiving.jpg
-----(Geezer & Bent Enthusiast At Large)------

Coach
11-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Yea, I understand what you're sayin SirJoey. My wife and daughter like to take rides on the Delta Runner and Streetfox I built so I think they're gonna like this 'team' trike or at least I hope so. Planning on takin it for a spin here pretty quick.

Almost have pictures resized & ready to post.

Coach
11-01-2010, 06:25 PM
OK here are some finished pics. 1st pic is of trike rolled out seeing sunlight for the first time. No top on yet. The rest are with top on. Only takes 3 bolts to lift top off.

Coach
11-01-2010, 06:27 PM
More pictures

Coach
11-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Couple more

savarin
11-01-2010, 07:16 PM
WOW! that snuck in from left field.
Absolutely awesome work.
Those seats really are the bees knees.
I can see many happy miles piling up on that.:rockon:

SirJoey
11-01-2010, 07:28 PM
HOLY *****! :eek:

Dude, U just raised the bar! http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4905/notworthyd.gif

Phenomenal work, REALLY! I'm speechless! :punk:

********** The **** Is My Shepherd! **********
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/77/signaturethanksgiving.jpg
-----(Geezer & Bent Enthusiast At Large)------

Odd Man Out
11-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Freakin Eye Popping!!! Wonderful work.
Congratulations.
You really do need to elaborate on those awesome seats!

Now we need a video. :punk:

Racer46
11-01-2010, 08:05 PM
Excellent work. Something you will be proud to be seen in, I know I would.

John Lewis
11-02-2010, 05:26 AM
Where did that come from?
Really great work there coach.
As Sir J says, the bar's been raised yet again.
Awesome.

John Lewis

Wingman
11-03-2010, 12:58 PM
Coach,

Did you hear that sound? Like a bunch of hammers hittings anvils? That was Zombie Nation jaws hitting the ground!:eek::surprised: Outstanding! I'm with the others--please post a video of this beauty in operation.:punk:

Wingman

Coach
11-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Getting alot of compliments on the the trike, but especially appreciate the ones coming from here. Only you guys know how much time and thought it takes to build one, but its fun or we wouldn't be doin it. As for a video who knows I might try to do one but don't really know how, but could learn.

KoolKat
11-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Whoa! Outstanding Coach! How 'bout sending me a few pictures for the gallery? gallery@atomiczombie.com.

badcheese
11-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Yes, I would love to see a video of this machine in action! Video really brings it to life. I'm not sure why. I guess it's a vicarious experience, as if we're actually getting a test ride on it ourselves. Does it seem strange that we get such a kick out of watching a few minutes of someone riding their bike around, with nothing else in particular happening? If I told my wife that my idea of fun is watching a video of someone just riding their homemade bike around in circles a few times, I'm sure she would be baffled!

Oh, I almost forgot: Beautiful machine! Congratulations!

mick
11-05-2010, 04:08 AM
Holy Moly,
that is mindblowing.
Just got myself updated after being out of town for a while and then that!!!
Outstanding work, you must be very proud of your build, I would be.

Keep well
Michael

taytayou812
11-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Very well done! It looks great! Who doe it ride? Any handleing issues? Any guess on top speed so far? Fantastic job again!