PDA

View Full Version : New guy from NYS

jpsantell
07-28-2010, 07:17 AM
Hello, I'm a new builder from Newark NY which is located about 20 miles from Rochester. I've always wanted to build a trike so I have decided to take the plunge this weekend by ordering the Warrior plans. I need to finish up a few things around the house and should be able to start building in a couple of weeks if everything is to my wife's satisfaction. I have a MIG welder and a bunch of other metal working tools so am pretty well off in that area but totally lack experience working on bikes (beyond putting the chain back on as a kid). I hope this goes well!

Odd Man Out
07-28-2010, 08:24 AM
Hello, I'm a new builder ,,,. I hope this goes well!

JP
No problems -- we all are here to help. Be sure to remember two things;

1. There are NO dumb questions -- we were all in your shoes at one time and in no time you will be in ours.
and
2. Pictures, pictures, pictures -- we Zombies feed on pictures!

A hearty welcome to the madness. I hope you enjoy the chaos.

graucho
07-28-2010, 08:52 AM
Welcome to the group jpsantell. Glad your here. Also, help is always near.

Richie Rich
07-30-2010, 12:09 AM
Hi, JP...

There's no such thing as a bike hacker's 'school' that I'm aware of, but the Atomic Zombie Forums are the closest thing to it.

There are plenty of folks here with TONS of experience and advice who are not afraid to share it with anyone who shows a sincere interest in this madness.

So, pick a project, gather your material and start building. You're among friends so don't hesitate to ask for tips and tricks.

....Richie Rich....

KoolKat
07-30-2010, 04:38 PM
Welcome aboard!

jpsantell
07-30-2010, 08:53 PM
I'm going to order the plans for the Warrior this weekend. I've hesitated long enough and need to get started on this.

dementedDave
07-30-2010, 11:27 PM
Welcome, to this most addicting of hobbies...

Dave

Tinker
07-31-2010, 09:22 PM
Welcome, to this most addicting of hobbies...

Dave

And one of the healthiest!

jpsantell
08-01-2010, 07:06 AM
And one of the healthiest!
This is my hope. I need to find a low impact exercise program that is fun to get me back in better shape. I injured my spine about 3 years ago ans had a couple of hip replacements on top of that so my sense of balance is shot as well as my ability to run. I think a trike would fit the bill perfectly. Besides, I could also ride it to work and save on gas.