PDA

View Full Version : Highroller Question

IrvJamison
06-21-2010, 02:34 AM
I will be purchasing 3 sets of plans but I have some questions about the Highroller SWB. These will be my first! I assume that the Highroller is a clone of the Bacchetta/Volae and would like to know if the plans offer the use of 20”, 24”, 26” or 29” front and rear tires. I’m thinking of a 26”rear / 20”frt, a 26” frt / 26” rear or 24” frt and rear. I have read on the forums about the lack of the selection of 24" tire but may still use them. Have read all of the forum posts but did not find the info. I’ve been collecting donor bikes (3 more today) and saving since I joined the forum and am now ready to start. THANKS!
Irv

Odd Man Out
06-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Hey Irv
The plans are very complete. If the specifics are not listed for the needed adjustments for a different front or rear sized wheel, there is more than enough info listed for you to make the changes needed. That is the great thing about these plans -- they let you adapt them into your own dream creation with ease.

likebikes
06-22-2010, 01:00 PM
Hi Irv, look at my thread, My hiroller is still on the drawing board, not any more anyway! LOL
I did mine with a 26 rear and 20 in front and it came out nice. Plenty of pics.
Great bike, plans are flexible and of course, plenty of people here to help.

imamedik
06-22-2010, 07:41 PM
... and would like to know if the plans offer the use of 20”, 24”, 26” or 29” front and rear tires. I’m thinking of a 26”rear / 20”frt, a 26” frt / 26” rear or 24” frt and rear. THANKS!
Irv

Irv, Like OMO said the plans can be adapted to what you want. As you can see on mine I made it with rear suspension and 26in wheels front and back. :scooter:

IrvJamison
06-23-2010, 12:24 AM
Thanks likebikes, omo and imamedik for your help. My stepson purchased the Highroller, Marauder and Streetfox plans for me for Fathers Day. We went out to dinner and he told me what he did. Was I surprised! I was going to buy them after we got back home. Now all I have to do is read and get to work! Just have to decide which bike to start on. Again, THANKS to all for the help.
Irv

Odd Man Out
06-23-2010, 01:28 AM
Thanks likebikes, omo and imamedik for your help. My stepson purchased the Highroller, Marauder and Streetfox plans for me for Fathers Day. We went out to dinner and he told me what he did. Was I surprised! I was going to buy them after we got back home. Now all I have to do is read and get to work! Just have to decide which bike to start on. Again, THANKS to all for the help.
Irv

If you need any help with anything I think I am in your neck of the woods = Aloha so close by if needed. I have a bit o experience.
OMO