PDA

View Full Version : 20" inch scaled down kids HighRoller?

Kobber
06-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Hi everyone,

Just bouncing ideas around, as usual.

Anyone ever try to make a scaled-down version of the HighRoller with 20" wheels, front and back? Now that would be one cool bike for a lucky kid.:punk:

Take it easy.

Kobber

fultondp
06-04-2010, 12:19 PM
I made one for my kids using an old bmx frame, more like the Bandito really. Simple boom out from front head tube. To make the seat adjustable I welded a horizontal top tube to a Y style frame, and put the seat tube in horizontally instead of the vertical adjustment on an upright bike. The seat would adjust out above the rear wheel. Furthest adjustment was just ahead of the rear axle so it wouldn't do wheelies. They rode it for a couple of years as rock stars in the neighborhood; the kids with the "cool bike". We gave it to away to friends when they outgrew it. I don't think I have pictures, but I'll dig around and see if I can find one. You can easy build one in a weekend if you have all the parts.

--darren

likebikes
06-04-2010, 01:02 PM
I think a 20" is an excellent idea if you were going to build a bike for a 5 foot woman as well. My gal pal is more of a motorcyclist but being on the barely 5' side would definately need a smaller wheel. Maybe even a 16" front wheel.

dynodon
06-05-2010, 08:44 AM
Cool Idea, build it and post pics so we all can copy it!