PDA

View Full Version : Kitchener area builders?

Huggy2
05-13-2010, 09:10 PM
Any builders in my area? Been hacking, grinding, welding Warrior plans for 3 months.
Would enjoy hearing from anyone in area. Getting a bit frustrated and support could keep me going.
Currently struggling with source for 20" wheels and 20mm hubs. Considering importing assembled Wizwheel units (even rear 26") from TerraTrike. Probably about $450 US to land them here.
Anyone have any input? I'm not confident I'll finish the project. Looks like a lot of guessing as the steering and wheel support gets pretty weird. Not keen on buying wheels if I'm unable to do the critical angle cuts and welds.
Any helpful hints would be appreciated.

Odd Man Out
05-13-2010, 09:29 PM
$450 for three wheels seems high unless you are going for high end stuff, then it seems low...

My advise would be to read EVERY entry on the warrior trike. I know that Cheezy Rider had some difficulties with the steering but has overcome them. We are all here to help so when you need it, don't be shy -- ask. Just be careful not to leak vital angles, dimensions or other info online. We want Brad and Kat to be highly successful selling the plans. If you have a very specific question that involves "sensitive info" , post a generic message about it then private email those that have completed the part you are having problems with.
We love pix!!!

Cheezy Rider
05-14-2010, 01:23 AM
Yea don't give up. I was a little, no a lot bothered with the up coming steering steps also, but managed through them. Like OMO said, we are all here to help and advise. That's what's great about this site, everyone is here to help in difficult situations. There ought to be alot of sources in the Kitchner area I would think. Not a small area. I live in the western burbs of Detroit, so have been thru Kitchner many times on the way to Toronto. The 20" assembled wheels from Whizwheels (TerraTrike) are only 60.00 each, which is a good deal. I would think that you could find a scrap bike for the rear wheel somewhere. If you have to, even buying 2 wheels from TerraTrike, and then even buying a new cheap bike fron WalMart, K-Mart, Canadian Tire, or somewhere, would be cheaper than buying all 3 from TerraTrike. Even if you buy the new bike, and the other 2 wheel from the other source,you can still use all the other parts off of the new bike, like the rear and front derailer, shifter, brake levers, etc.
Don't forget, there is always someone here to coaxe you onward, and give you good advise and lots of encouragement. Forge onward fellow builder, and include lots of pics!!!:scooter:

Shadowwalker65
05-14-2010, 01:28 AM
stay in there have you tried recycle cycle on queen street they have a lot to choose from at time, I am moving back to Kitchener in July and would love to hang with other crazy az head, it will fall together

Huggy2
05-15-2010, 10:27 AM
Thanks to Cheezy Rider, Odd Man Out and ShadowRider for your excellent advice and confidence building. I have ordered the 20" wheels with 20mm hubs, Avid 5 brakes and Schwalbe Marathon Racers tires from Utah Trikes at $395.00 US delivered. I am now committed or should be committed (sanitorium) or will be committed (hospital) when my wife learns I spent this much. Was suppose to be a low budget hobby chopping/welding free scrap bikes. Oh well. To ShadowRider I am using Recycled Bikes on Queen St thanks (hope we possibly meet soon), great idea OddManOut to post pics and seek advice and Cheezy riders idea of buying cheap bike for components is spot on.
Anyway, nice to know others have struggled but eventually accomplished a completed trike. I will continue!
Happy Trails!

Shadowwalker65
05-15-2010, 10:42 AM
We are here to help and keep building lots of pics are good, once the wifes go for a spin it is all good...lol