PDA

View Full Version : Downtube question...

SirJoey
04-30-2008, 10:03 AM
Since I notched the wrong end of my downtube, would it be possible to shorten it by about an inch, just enough to cut out my boo-boo, & then notch the other end, or will that make it too short?

AtomicZombie
04-30-2008, 11:10 AM
You should be ok with that. As long as the head tube angle remains constant and the front tire has enough clearance, all will be fine.

Brad

Since I notched the wrong end of my downtube, would it be possible to shorten it by about an inch, just enough to cut out my boo-boo, & then notch the other end, or will that make it too short?

Richie Rich
04-30-2008, 11:24 PM
Since I notched the wrong end of my downtube...Tsk....tsk...Joey. "Measure Twice - Cut Once"...!!

BTW, just a reminder...on page 27 of "The Man's Handbook", it clearly states:

"Never admit your mistakes..!!"

....'Richard the Infallible'...:D

SirJoey
05-01-2008, 08:26 AM
BTW, just a reminder...on page 27 of "The Man's Handbook", it clearly states:"Never admit your mistakes..!!"

No problem there, since I never make any. The problem is, I've cut it off 3 times, & it's STILL too short!!! Must be something wrong with the steel! ;)

Richie Rich
05-01-2008, 11:41 PM
The problem is, I've cut it off 3 times, & it's STILL too short!!! Must be something wrong with the steel! ;)The next time you buy steel, be sure to specify the "Pre-Shrunk" stock.
Whenever I'm in a situation like yours, I dig out my 'Acme Steel Stretcher'. I've saved many projects with it.
:p

......<<RR>>

SirJoey
05-01-2008, 11:48 PM
...I dig out my 'Acme Steel Stretcher'. I've saved many projects with it.

That's great, Richie! I better order one quick! :D