PDA

View Full Version : New Builder from Oklahoma!

GizDrak
12-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Hey all I am a new builder from Moore Oklahoma planning to build a warrior!

Richie Rich
12-28-2009, 10:55 PM
Welcome to the AZ Krew, Giz......

It's nice to have someone from the Sooner State here.
I live in Massachusetts but I've made several business trips over the years to Norman and know the OU campus very well. Where do you work..??

Best of luck with your projects and be sure to take LOTS of pictures for us to see...!!

Cheers........Richie Rich >>

graucho
12-28-2009, 11:56 PM
Welcome! glad your here.

Coach
12-29-2009, 12:35 AM
Welcome. I also live in Oklahoma. Boomer Sooner!

GizDrak
12-29-2009, 02:11 AM
Welcome to the AZ Krew, Giz......

It's nice to have someone from the Sooner State here.
I live in Massachusetts but I've made several business trips over the years to Norman and know the OU campus very well. Where do you work..??

Best of luck with your projects and be sure to take LOTS of pictures for us to see...!!

Cheers........Richie Rich >>

Thanks for the welcome! I work for OU by the way so I know the campus pretty well myself.

jamesl
12-29-2009, 07:08 PM
I'm from Tulsa and an OU grad, class of '79. I have been building recumbent type bikes for awhile. One of my first projects was a tadpole trike, but it wasn't a very good design and had a close encounter with a sawsall after a few test rides. My latest build was a SWB two-wheeler. It's my second SWB -- the first was a hatchet job on a cheap mountain bike that looked good but was a bit too short and twitchy to be fun.

I've never built anything from plans -- just winged it and suffered the consequences as I learned by trial and error. I'm thinking about trying another tadpole build and may go for the Warrior design. Looks like an interesting concept and would be nice to work from plans for a change.

GizDrak
12-29-2009, 10:00 PM
I'm from Tulsa and an OU grad, class of '79. I have been building recumbent type bikes for awhile. One of my first projects was a tadpole trike, but it wasn't a very good design and had a close encounter with a sawsall after a few test rides. My latest build was a SWB two-wheeler. It's my second SWB -- the first was a hatchet job on a cheap mountain bike that looked good but was a bit too short and twitchy to be fun.

I've never built anything from plans -- just winged it and suffered the consequences as I learned by trial and error. I'm thinking about trying another tadpole build and may go for the Warrior design. Looks like an interesting concept and would be nice to work from plans for a change.

Nice bikes James! I can not wait to start my first project getting close now!

savarin
12-29-2009, 10:48 PM
Ahh! Winging it. Thats the way to go.
Awesome fun and what a learning exercise.:rockon:

dwkennedy
01-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Hey all I am a new builder from Moore Oklahoma planning to build a warrior!

I work in the NWC at OU and am almost done with a Warrior.

Hope you caught the recent OU bike sale, I bought two 12" kid bikes for a dollar each, which I promptly chopped for my build :)

I can't wait for next year's sale!

GizDrak
01-04-2010, 04:30 PM
I work in the NWC at OU and am almost done with a Warrior.

Hope you caught the recent OU bike sale, I bought two 12" kid bikes for a dollar each, which I promptly chopped for my build :)

I can't wait for next year's sale!

Sadly I missed the sale :-( but I will catch it next year for sure! Nice I work at Printing Services. Going to post up picture of your warrior when it is done I hope :-)