PDA

View Full Version : First build, SoCal Vigilante...

ares5000
09-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Hey everyone! Justin here from Southern California, Hermosa Beach to be exact. Finally decided it was about time I built my first custom bike and decided to go with the Vigilante. Don't worry an electric powered Gladiator is up next, but I figured I'd start small. I've got experience with fabrication for set design and automotive so this should be as easy as riding a bicycle right? I'll be posting pics and updates here so stay tuned!

Headed to the junkyard to look for a donor rear wheel & tire this Sunday. Any suggestions on makes & models of cars to look for in particular?

Richie Rich
09-25-2009, 11:50 PM
Hi, Justin....Welcome to the A.Z. KREW....!!

It sounds as if you already have the requisite skills to be a part of this crazy pass-time.

If you've been lurking around the Forums, you know that the most important tool in your toolbox is a camera. We LOVE pictures, so be sure to take (and post) plenty of your progress.

You're in for a fun ride, Justin...!!

Best of luck with your project.....

....Richie Rich....

KoolKat
09-25-2009, 11:55 PM
Welcome, Justin! I think we should feature your build progress in an upcoming newsletter. Interested? If so, send me a private message. :rockon:

ares5000
09-26-2009, 02:49 AM
The 2nd step after getting the plans was figuring out how to set the camera for time-lapse mode!

Thanks for the welcomes!

SirJoey
09-26-2009, 07:14 AM
Welcome to the Krew, Justin!
Good luck with your "freshman" project! :)

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/7131/sirjoeysigmedij1.gif