PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Selling completed trike frames?

PaulPb
09-14-2009, 01:31 AM
Hello;

I've been researching the travel fox and the warrior trikes -

as well as whats for sale on the commercial market...(what looks like the best deal to you? I thought action bent had some nice looking moderatly priced trikes - still very expensive for me at the moment.)

The cost of purchasing tools and not having alot of time to devote to the developing skills to weld and such - is making me look for other options - I really want to ride again - and I hoping to find a used or if anyone can build and sell, let me know ....

Also is anyone from the Long Island NY area? It would be great to get some help for this project from an experienced frame builder.

Best regards; PaulPb

ken will
09-14-2009, 07:15 AM
not having alot of time to devote to the developing skills to weld and such - is making me look for other options -

Have you considered buying the plans for the StreetFox and/or Warrior and taking them to a local Tech school/ trade school/ high school that teaches welding. You could probably find a kid to build it for you. The instructor might even make it a class project.

trikeman
09-14-2009, 08:21 AM
Paul - if you can't (or don't want to) build them yourself, you might consider the used market. After all, your main goal is riding not building. Even those of us who scrounge a lot of parts spend anywhere from $200-$500 on some of these creations. Some who choose to use lots of new and fancy parts have invested even more.

Having already built a DW, but wanting a LWB to ride, I kept looking at Craigslist, mostly with the idea of buying bikes for more parts. Eventually I found a nice RANS Wave in good conidtion for $350, and I have seen them cheaper. Considering the cost of quality parts it was a no brainer to buy it. The frame is much higher quality than anything I could have built at the time and it came with a new RANS seat, which is the Rolls Royce of bicycle seats. It has turned out to be a great training bike.

Its a lot more fun for some of us to build our own. We enjoy the building. Brad makes great plans for the homebuilder, and the fellow zombies on this forum can get you through most anything. But, if you really just want to ride, you might just search Craigslist for a good quality used recumbent. If you get one for a reasonable price, you can always use the parts later on a homebuilt.

Sparky
09-15-2009, 04:09 PM
i have a frame for sale. its actually the frame for the streetfighter, but it is essentially identical to the delta fox (both of which are plans bought here). the only difference is the front end.

you would still have to do some welding and building, but its a fine start. there is a post about it in the "for sale" section.

PaulPb
09-16-2009, 11:57 AM
Hi Sparky;

The Quad ? - sounds interesting - write me at my email PJP766@aol.com

maybe you have a photo of the frame? How much?

regards; PaulPb