PDA

View Full Version : Silent Speedster <=> Long Ranger

liam
07-04-2009, 01:53 PM
My name is Liam and I'm a swiss student from Zurich. I'm about to start my final year of high school. During the final year at swiss schools, students are required to complete some sort of project and are only allowed to graduate if the project gets a sufficient grade. If not, the students are required to repeat the final year. A lot of people write scientific papers between 20 and 50 pages long, some write books and some build something accompanied by a written theoretical description of the mechanics and/or meaning (in case of art works). I myself have decided to build a silent speedster, however with the long ranger battery pack and hub motor,therefore maximizing range at the cost of speed. My goal is to get a bike with the silent speedster design with a top speed of 35km/h , and a range of 100 km. The reason i'm asking for help is because not only do I have no idea where to find such a motor, but I also have absolutely no idea what motor I'd need. As far as I can tell the motor used in the original plans was built into a 20 inch wheel and came with a throttle, etc. I'd really appreciate any information you could give me. Thanks!!!! Liam