PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Pete Corbett & Ken Will - Canal Cruise

Richie Rich
06-15-2009, 12:00 AM
To Pete Corbett & Ken Will...

Hi, boys...

We had a great ride at the Canal Saturday (June 13). It was the first of the year for my grandson and me.

After a great morning at a car show/Open House at 'Factory Five' in Wareham, we hit the Canal with his Chopper and my new Street Fox.

Needless to say we drew the usual crowd and turned a lot of heads. Lotsa fun...!!
Hope to see you boys there some day.

Richie >>

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3392/3627036439_7c933b61ef.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2482/3627036473_41ec061d6e.jpg

pcorbett
06-15-2009, 01:57 AM
Nice. I wished I could have gone but gee whiz I'm in La Jolla California right now:punk: I've been riding from Windansea to Pacific Beach on the boardwalk every morning:punk:. When I come back to earth we'll go for the ride. PM me.

A few weeks ago the town of Orleans Police Department and some bike ways people from Orleans had a coast to coast ride for all ages. We went from Rock Harbor on the bay side to Nauset Beach on the Atlantic side. At the harbor a voice from behind me said " That has to be a Zombie". Ken said that.

Your bike is nice, can't wait to see it in person.

Pete

ken will
06-16-2009, 08:28 AM
The Canal is a nice ride. about a year ago several of us rode from the Sagamore bridge to Mass. Maritime for lunch. ( All you can eat for $7 !:punk:)
The ride back was a little slower on a full stomach. :cheesy:

I look forward to riding the Canal again, just let me know a day or two ahead so I can line up a babysitter.

Ken

Richie Rich
06-17-2009, 11:24 AM
Now that school's out, we'll be able to make the trek during the week when it's not so crowded. We ride the Boston side and start from the parking lot next to the railroad bridge.

This past Saturday it was kinda rough dodging walkers, roller-bladers, other bikes, and worst of all - DOGS. Once we got past the Bourne bridge, things thinned out as most people don't walk any further than the bridge.

I'll see you on the trail...!!!

Richie >>

ken will
06-17-2009, 05:23 PM
The group I ride with every Tuesday ( all retired mostly exteachers ) is scheduled to ride the canal Aug. 25

This past Saturday it was kinda rough dodging walkers, roller-bladers, other bikes, and worst of all - DOGS.

I will probably bring my dog, but don't worry I will be towing her in a trailer

Aug 25th 10:00 AM Ride Leader: John Fallender
Cape Cod Canal Ė South side (Cape Cod Side)
Meet at Seafood Samís Restaurant, Town Neck Road, Sandwich.
Exit 2 on Mid Cape Highway- Left on Rt. 130-north to middle of Sandwich Village,
Bear left at sign, then right on Tupper Rd. (by the Sandwich Glass Museum).
Stay on Tupper across Rt. 6A (traffic light), take next right after Route 6A. Go across RR Tracks on Town Neck Road, follow to water.
We will ride towards Buzzards Bay and back on the Trail
Terrain: flat, Average Speed 12 MPH, Distance 14 miles.
Lunch at Seafood Samís Restaurant