PDA

View Full Version : so you cannot weld, and you still want a kool ride

greenevegiebeast
03-23-2009, 12:50 PM
here is an intresting "high roler" like no weld recombant

http://www.instructables.com/id/No_Weld_Recumbent_Bike_From_Recycled_Bicycles/?ALLSTEPS#step0

GregLWB
03-23-2009, 01:54 PM
GVB - can you imagine how often someone our size would have to stop and tighten up the bolts so that it didn't fall apart at the worst possible moment!:jester:

Nice idea, but I think Brad's Bandito is probably a better one for someone to start with. If someone couldn't weld they could cut the steel and take it to a welder to do the minimal welding needed and it wouldn't cost them much.:sunny:

Greg

greenevegiebeast
03-23-2009, 02:03 PM
greg judging by the tubing size the could not have used any thing any larger than a 1/4in(4mm+/-) bolts, the first time i sat on that there would be a few broken bolts.

but some one of a smaller stature could get by with this one

Radical Brad
03-23-2009, 05:52 PM
There is no way in a trillion years that boom would survive input from anyone over the age of 9.... no way.

Brad

greenevegiebeast
03-23-2009, 07:21 PM
There is no way in a trillion years that boom would survive input from anyone over the age of 9.... no way.

Brad

I think it was built by a teen, I was looking at it for ideas to try and get my wife on a more ergonimic ride. She stoped riding her MB becase of pain.

GregLWB
03-23-2009, 07:58 PM
I think it was built by a teen, I was looking at it for ideas to try and get my wife on a more ergonimic ride. She stoped riding her MB becase of pain.

GVB - No disrespect intended, but will she be able to pedal with her feet that high? I know that my wife thinks I am a nutball for having the pedals even as high as they are on my HR.:jester: Okay, she thought I was a nutball before too. But she never thought that with my LWB (she just couldn't try it because it was built just for me).:batman:

You may want to try something more like the EZ-Sport style (http://www.easyracers.com/09-ez_sport_cx.htm), except with remote steer. I guess it's kind of a shortened TourMaster. Easy learning curve because of the more upright design and height of the pedals.

Greg

greenevegiebeast
03-23-2009, 08:23 PM
she is totaly against a lwb so the onle othr option is a short wheel base. I was looking at the high roller with a smaller front wheel.16 in or so, a 26 in rear that should bring the pedals down lower.

scootdaddy
03-23-2009, 08:35 PM
GVB - :

You may want to try something more like the EZ-Sport style (http://www.easyracers.com/09-ez_sport_cx.htm), except with remote steer. I guess it's kind of a shortened TourMaster. Easy learning curve because of the more upright design and height of the pedals.

Greg

I'll agree with Greg on this one I have this same bike but it is the AX not the CX aluminium frame my wife bought it for me for Christmas a few years back
that is when I got rid of the one I built DAMN I wish I had kept that thing

Keith