PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Harbor Freight Oxy/Acetylene Torch?

Ashdod Slim
03-01-2008, 06:42 AM
Whatever happened to the guy that bought the $200.- O.A. rig? Was it usable and safe? I think I'm ready to try gas.
-Doug

Ashdod Slim
03-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Oops! What I really meant is the $100.- ($99.-) oxy-acetylene rig. It seems to include several tips for welding and cutting, needing only some canisters of gas to get you up and running. Anyone have experience with that? Don't laugh, you were a beginner once.
-Doug

n9viw
03-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Oops! What I really meant is the $100.- ($99.-) oxy-acetylene rig. It seems to include several tips for welding and cutting, needing only some canisters of gas to get you up and running. Anyone have experience with that? Don't laugh, you were a beginner once.
-Doug

What do you mean, "once"? :D Man, I'm ALWAYS a beginner, because as soon as I start thinking I'm even an amateur, I screw something up and look like a dope. I never want to get to the place where I can say, "I know it all!" A day spent without learning anything is a day wasted, IMNSHO.

I saw that kit too, and have also seen them sell the Firepower kits (all that, plus the tanks) for $270. A better deal, I think, is getting the kit you mention, and then waiting for the 10cf ace tank and the 20cf O2 tank to go on sale... the ace goes for $50, and the O2 for $60. Get those filled, hook em up, and away you go. That's my plan, once I get some green saved back up.