PDA

View Full Version : Need file of hub template

Treebeard
12-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Hi,
I'm new here. This is my first post. I have really enjoyed reading everyones posts on their projects. It is very encouraging. I can't wait to take my first ride.

I've started welding my KC frame. It hasn't been as easy as it would have been back in the States. I live in the Negev in Israel and all the steel comes in metric profiles and thicknesses. I'm working it out though. The frame is taking shape and I finished my "conductor" today.

I was wondering if anyone has a file of the template for drilling out the 24 spoke holes on the four hubless axle flanges that they would email to me or post here. I don't know how to use Photoshop to make one on my own. Brad, maybe this would be a nice addition to your plans that I've bought or maybe something to put on your "video and files" page. I bet I'm not the only one that needs it.

Thanks to you all!

Have Fun,
Treebeard

Odd Man Out
12-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Shalom and welcome to the madness
If you look through my posts a while back I posted a link to a 36 hole hub pattern. I would think you would want the strength provided by 36 spokes as compared to 24, especially for two people. Hope this helps.

TheKid
12-12-2008, 05:35 PM
24 holes per flange = 48 spokes, plenty strong for two people.

macka
12-12-2008, 07:19 PM
If you make a hole every 15*, you'll have 24 equally spaced holes. That's the math part but I suck at autocad and I have to figure out this alibre program better, so if someone can set it up, the math is already done.

Odd Man Out
12-12-2008, 07:28 PM
24 holes per flange = 48 spokes, plenty strong for two people.

Ah yes, the "per flange" part threw me. Mea Culpa.

TheKid
12-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Apparently, it happens to the best of us.

Doc Hollywood
12-13-2008, 09:36 AM
I used a program called emachine it was free on the internet to design mine and then printed it out. It took a little time to figure it out but if you get the program I could send you the file then you could just load it up and then print it out.

http://www.emachineshop.com/machine-shop/Home/page5.html

Treebeard
12-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Thanks for all the help and suggestions. Sorry I've been slow to respond. Too many things to do, not enough time in the day to do them lately.

I want to take some pictures and post them, but in may be a few days until I can get to it.

Have Fun!

John Lewis
12-18-2008, 12:32 AM
You can do what I did.

I downloaded a version of Puppy Linux with qcad.

Puppy runs from cd or dvd. After a short bit of trial and error I was able to use qcad to create and print my template.

John Lewis