PDA

View Full Version : 24" High Roller

pcorbett
11-16-2008, 06:12 PM
I thought I could complete a ride this weekend. I spent time tweaking the frame, a little nip here, a little tuck there, and lots of sparks. I'm very pleased with the results but it took a lot of work to get it there. This bike is all from the land fill. It took one 24" bike plus a few odds and ends. I have some 1 1/2" tubing but I saved it for a 26" High Roller. This one is for my daughter who's about 5' 2". Being small I used 1 1/4" square tubing with a little thicker wall. I may get the urge to work on it this week and have something rideable next weekend.
http://home.comcast.net/~ppcorbett/pwpimages/24-HighRoller01.JPG

Pete

Radical Brad
11-16-2008, 07:00 PM
Great work so far! You will be the first to show a completed HighRoller from the looks of things.

Cheers,
Brad

SirJoey
11-17-2008, 08:11 AM
Yep, lookin' good, Pete! You've made some SERIOUS progess!
It'd prolly take me a month to do what you have in your hands, there! :eek:

Bradical's right. At the rate you're moving, you'll be the first to finish one of those!

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/2839/thanksgivingsigsmalllu5.jpg

John Lewis
11-17-2008, 08:51 AM
That looks like it's going to be one great bike pc. Reckon your daughter will love it.

I have a new 700c x 23 roadwheel set here that just might find their way into one of those.

John Lewis

jimFPU
11-17-2008, 09:09 AM
Very nice Pete! Maybe we'll all get to the place where we can build one in a weekend!! (Or 37...)

Mitdan
11-17-2008, 10:37 AM
That looks good Pete. The High Roller is going to be my first build, if I ever get the hang of welding.

pcorbett
11-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Whoa! I think I may have misled you all. When I said I thought I could complete the bike, I had already worked on it last weekend. So sorry dudes. But if you want to shine a light on me, 'cause I took the time to fix the twist and other problems with the rear bottom fork tubes, thats fine. I find I learn more from my mistakes than if someone told me how. I just think it's to stressfull to try to complete one in a weekend, though a group of guys could with maybe a beer or three! This is a serious hobby that Brad and Kat has gotten us into. We're all smok'n now! Thanks guys.

Spark 'em if you got 'em boys!

Pete

KoolKat
11-18-2008, 04:38 PM
And it's seriously rewarding! ;)

pcorbett
11-30-2008, 02:23 AM
A rideable High Roller. Kinda sorta.

http://home.comcast.net/~ppcorbett/pwpimages/24-HighRoller06.JPG

I had a frustrating ride on it last weekend. Everything went wrong 'cause I rushed it. The BB was set to my daughters leg length and my knees hit the bar. I couldn't get used to the wheel base and my legs out past the headset.This weekend I took the time to make it more rideable for me. I'm about the same size as RB (except the extra couple of pounds) and this frame is nearly maxed out to fit me. It is intended for a shorter person. My test ride was more of a success this time. I liked the ride much better now but the bars could be etheir raised a little or the bars changed to give more room. My knees don't touch but it's real close. My daughter's legs will fit better but she can make the call. A little more chain and recable will bring this project up to speed. Speaking of speed why yes it has! It seems to be stable when I crank through figure eights. This is my first High Roller and I plan to make a larger one for my daughter's boyfriend. And I'll make a faster one for myself!:evilgrin:

PC

Radical Brad
11-30-2008, 02:42 AM
Very nicely done!

Now some racing slicks and a coat of paint and you will be stylin'

Brad