PDA

View Full Version : Cost of Freehub and disc brake mounting part

Patrike
02-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Hi

Still trying to sort out details -- trying to source the making of some freehub brakemounts -- anyone that has had these made let me know the price the got charged -- just want to know i'm getting a good shake -- Brad says in the plans that they should be inexpensive but does not give a ball park cost.

Any input would be appreciated.:D

Thanks
Patrick

AtomicZombie
02-17-2008, 04:15 AM
The first ones I had done cost me about $50 per unit. The other shop in town only wanted around $20 per unit. There were a few garage machinists that would have charged less, but they were really busy at the time.

Brad

Patrike
02-17-2008, 09:55 AM
Hi Brad

Nice to have a approx idea. I will set my sites on 30 or 40.

Thanks
Patrick

The first ones I had done cost me about $50 per unit. The other shop in town only wanted around $20 per unit. There were a few garage machinists that would have charged less, but they were really busy at the time.

Brad

AtomicZombie
02-17-2008, 03:06 PM
I also drilled and tapped the disc brake holes. This job is not difficult, but may double the cost if you have the shop do it for you.

Brad

Honey Badger
06-21-2012, 03:45 AM
Does anyone have a machinist they can recommend for this work, ideally in the Seattle area but I'm willing to pay to have them shipped, too. My buddy talked to a machine shop today that estimated $360 for the job -- 3hrs labor @ $110/hr, plus the raw materials.

Thanks!

-Honey Badger

charlie_r
06-21-2012, 06:17 AM
You can check out how I made mine, in my build thread (http://forum.atomiczombie.com/showthread.php/5676-Starting-my-Loderunner), assuming you have a welder etc.

Old Peddler
06-21-2012, 08:33 PM
Does anyone have a machinist they can recommend for this work, ideally in the Seattle area but I'm willing to pay to have them shipped, too. My buddy talked to a machine shop today that estimated $360 for the job -- 3hrs labor @ $110/hr, plus the raw materials.

Thanks!

-Honey Badger

Honey Badger, I live in the lynnwood area, and I have a wonderful (cheep) machinest however he in in Everett. What are you needing?

OP

Radical Brad
06-21-2012, 10:56 PM
For those who don't want to wait for their local shop to take on the small machining job, we have made a batch of FreeWheel and Disc Adapters...

http://forum.atomiczombie.com/showthread.php/6693-Freewheel-Adapters-Ready!?p=62766#post62766

Brad