PDA

View Full Version : Another Greetings from Rochester NY

jwrennoldson
04-26-2017, 09:28 AM
Have been a lurker here for a short time. Have had 3 back surgeries and now newly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Want to be more physically active so I thought a recumbent bike would be the answer. Purchased the plans for the timber wolf and looking forward to getting started.

Twinkle
04-26-2017, 12:21 PM
Welcome to the forum from the UK

Enjoy yourself

Regards Emma

jwrennoldson
04-27-2017, 12:33 AM
Thank you Twinkle, quickly learning as much as I can. Very anxious to get started.

Twinkle
04-27-2017, 08:31 AM
Thank you Twinkle, quickly learning as much as I can. Very anxious to get started.
Read twice , cut once , is the only advice apart from that , have fun .

darnthedog
04-27-2017, 09:00 AM
Belated Welcome from Arizona- Type 2 diabetes is a good reason to take up cycling. Lost a lot of weight just riding to work. Quit sodas and watched the Carbs.
As to back issues not sure which type of seat will be best for you as it is really depends on your comfort requirements.
Balloon tires will provide a lot of cushion for bumpy roads.
And we love photos of your project while you are building it. And when completed. Photos are worth a million words of explanation. Especially when you have a question.
But be sure your having fun that is actually the most important aspect of building your own.

jpsantell
04-28-2017, 09:43 PM
Welcome from Newark,N.Y. about 30 miles from you. I'm building a modified aurora.

HHJJ
04-29-2017, 02:21 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I have been trying to find recumbent suitable for my back problem and experimenting with this and that.

I have just invested in a delta trike, similar to the Timberwolf, that Twinkle here has built.

The seating position seems to be ok for me, but the seat has insufficient padding so my back can feel it, both spine jolty and road vibration through the seat back,
but with the Cruzbike seat pads on top this is much improved.
I have ordered 2" foam to put in the seat and see how that goes.

I have also a Bacchetta Bella which has a fat foam seat pad with a mesh back which is also pretty comfy.

I haven't been very far on either machine as yet though.

Have fun with your build and riding.
H

Cambiker71
04-29-2017, 03:17 PM
Another uk welcome from me :D